Take the opportunity to present and discuss your life cycle experiences with other practitioners and researchers, learn from experts, share your own expertise and make new contacts!
What are Practitioners & Industry Experiences?
Industry experiences is the venue for business practitioners, organisations and projects to present their concepts, products and services. We welcome submissions from the area of design (UX, service, interaction, visual etc), user research, technical development, product/project management, entrepreneurship, communication, strategy and more. We specifically welcome submissions demonstrating life cycle aspects of applications or systems in the context of user or customer experience.
What do you submit?
An industry experience submission may tell a story of any phase of concept or product development process. We encourage submissions that describe and demonstrate practices, methods, products or services that have a life cycle perspective, for example in terms of:
- Gaining user/customer insights
- How practitioners work - how research is done or used
- How the market influences the process
- The role of user/customer research in strategy and innovation
The submission must be a PDF of max. 6 pages. Your submission should include a textual and visual description of the purpose of your project. The review process for Practitioners & Industry Experiences is not anonymised, hence the author names should be included the submission.
Quick facts of Practitioners & Industry Experience submissions
- Deadline for submissions EXTENDED: May 9th, 2018 5PM PST · Online submission: through PCS.
- Notification: June 1, 2018.
- Camera-ready deadline: August 26, 2018 5PM PST (this is a hard deadline).
- Submission format: 4-6 pages including references in SIGCHI Extended Abstracts Format (2018).
- ACM classification keywords: Use the ACM Computing Classification System (1998).
All submissions will be reviewed by peers from industry and academia. The focus in review will be on the interest for the industry audience and how well the submission enlightens industry realities and experiences.
If your submission is selected, you will be invited to present it on the industry day at the Nordichi conference, on the 2nd of October 2018. The target audience will be interested in game-changing practices and representing international industry and academia. After the conference, all accepted submissions that conform to the SIGCHI Extended Abstracts Format (2016) will be made available on-line to the conference participants, and published in the ACM Digital Library Database.
Practitioners & Industry Experience Chairs:
Jan Håvard Skjetne, SINTEF
Gautam Ghosh, Norwegian Tax Administration