NordiCHI’18 Design Cases track is a venue for presenting design cases that represent and reflect upon the conference theme: revisiting the life cycle. The submissions can be about artistic experiments, digital artefacts, interaction design, or media art experiments. Design Cases offer designers a possibility for less-traditional academic presentations. In addition to fascinating outcomes, we are very interested in cases that reflect upon the process, and its successes and failures.
Design Cases submission content
Submissions must include:
- A max 4-6 pages written presentation.
- Links to photo, video data or other kinds of representations of the given design case.
Please note however, that photo, video etc. will not appear in the ACM library.
Quick facts of Design Cases submissions
- Deadline for submissions: May 2, 2018 (5:00 PM, PDT) · Online submission: through PCS submission system
- Notification: June 1, 2018
- Camera-ready deadline: August 26, 2018 5PM PST (this is a hard deadline).
- Submission format: 4-6 pages including references in the SIGCHI Extended Abstracts Format (2016).
- Archiving: Available in the ACM Digital Library
Design Cases selection process
Design Cases will be selected through a double-blind review process. Our review process will emphasise innovativeness and originality as well as contribution to the conference theme.
Design Cases Chairs:
Lars Hallnäs, Swedish School of Textiles, University of Borås
Guri Verne, University of Oslo